Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Joy of Depression

Depression is much more than a state of mind...it's a way of life. I have been affected with depression for over 15 years. I have been on medication after medication. I am a member of the worry club and the anxiety brigade. Becoming a mother didn't help my internal suffering. So after years of telling a total stranger about my own mother, I thought why fight it. Having a sense of humor about the things I cannot control has helped me realize that I am stronger than I think. A glass of wine helps too!

So for all the catatonics, out of sorts, crestfallen, those in the doldrums, those who live in Cincinnati, the disheartened, and the generally glum I say lets overcome our fear of optimism. We are all in good company.

I've learned it's ok to wake up in the morning --- and go back to sleep, only now I get to snuggle with 3 of the cutest little monkeys you've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment