Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SPD and Me


Why does life have to be so stressful dealing with the unknown of a child living with Sensory Processing Disorder. It seems like there is never a time when you feel settled. You finally get comfortable in the thought that you are doing everything right, but then the rules change.

My daughter has always been a fighter. I knew she was trouble from the moment she was born, but her feisty demeanor has now turned into Muhammed Ali. She has started to manifest her frustration, anger, and excessive compulsions into rage. Full blown hitting, screaming, kicking, scratching, you name it she does it. Not to others, to herself. I know change in routine can be bad for her. I have seen it happen time and again, but physically hurting herself or tantrums just weren't her style. Again....the rules have changed.

I love my little Rockstar...so I will just keep up the fight within myself for her, what else is a mother supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment