Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Resolutions!

Ugh...why is it that Christmas has to come with all it's pomp and circumstance and leave me with a whirlwind of cleanup and a new year to come up with ways to torture myself! Well this year is the year...I know I know we say that all the time!

I decided the following resolutions are in order:

1. Losing Weight. Although I have a butt about as big as Kim Kardashian, it certainly does not fill out a spanx like hers does! So I actually have taken the steps to join Weight Watchers. Then I asked myself this question...Why is it I make sure my kids are eating healthy, organic, and well balanced and I am not? So here's to at least 20 lbs. this year! (Hey if I aim low I am sure to make it!)

2. De-Clutter the House. Ok this one is a necessity. Why is it I have to clean out the kids toys to "make room" for the Christmas toys they receive. Isn't there something wrong with that process? So I finished the Master Bedroom and the girls room. I am amazed at the amount of waste we have in the form of stuffed animals and broken toys. At least it is an opportunity to get the girls in on the spirit of giving and we can recycle some of these toys to charity! Now onto the boys room....

3. Run a Half Marathon. I know...baby steps. I decided this was a lifelong goal in which I was so close at one point in my life and then my babies hit my body like a Mack Truck! So I joined the SA Road Runners and am going to attempt my first 5k in February! The Texas Polar Bear here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment